Export Forage is a Big Business
- US forage exports exceeded $1.3 billion in 2012.
- No other agricultural product uses more containers: forage exports account for almost 150,000 forty-foot containers annually.
Export Forage is Value-Added Agriculture
- Forage export processors work closely with growers to ensure quality and safety.
- Export forage is segregated per customer specifications: of more than a dozen varieties exported, some have more than 20 categories based on nutritional values, and even color, stem diameter and leaf size.
- Forage for export markets is compressed in specialized equipment that is adjusted for each variety.